Sunday, 26 August 2007
Cameron Parish Fife Scotland
Cameron parish contains the villages of Lathones, Peat Inn, Radernie and part of Denhead. It measures about 6 miles by 4 miles, and is bounded by St Andrews, Dunino, Carnbee, Kilconquhar and Ceres. About three quarters of the land is under cultivation. There is a bed of black-band ironstone at Winthank which has been worked by a Newcastle company for a number of years. The blackband is burnt to a char at the pit mouth, then shipped to Newcastle from either St Andrews or Guardbridge. Coal is also worked in the parish, as also is lime. In addition to the parish church, there is a UP Church at Lathones. Edited from Westwood's Directory for the counties of Fife and Kinross published 1862. Tour Cameron Parish Fife, Scotland, on an Ancestry Tour of Scotland. Best Scottish Tours, Best Scottish Food, Best Scottish Hotels, Small Group Tours of Scotland.