Sunday, 26 August 2007
Forgan Parish Fife Scotland
Forgan parish extends two miles in length by two miles in breadth, lying near the mouth of the Tay; having Ferryport-on-Craig on the east, Leuchars and Kilmany on the south and Balmerino on the west. The land generally declines to the Tay from an elevated background, and is now well cultivated, inclosed and beautifully wooded. On the shore is Newport where there is a small harbour and ferry station opposite to Dundee. Recently some handsome villas have been erected on the slopes to the river, and a new road cut to Ferryport-on-Craig. Forgan has a constant communication maintained with the Dundee side by ferry. The Kirk of Forgan, which is situate inland, is about 10 miles from Cupar and the like distance from St Andrews. About one mile west from Newport is the small harbour of Woodhaven. From Slater's Directory, published 1852. Tour Forgan Parish, Fife, Scotland, on an Ancestry Tour of Scotland. Best Scottish Tours, Best Scottish Food, Best Scottish Hotels, Small Group Tours of Scotland.