Sunday, 26 August 2007
Carnbee Parish Fife Scotland
Carnbee parish contains the villages of Arncroach, Carnbee and Newton of Balcormie. It is bounded by Cameron, Denino, Crail, Kilrenny, Anstruther wester, Pittenweem, St Monans and Kilconquhar. The parish is about 4 miles square. The northern part of the parish is moorland in character while the southern half is rich and fertile. The parish has excellent depsoits of limestone, freestone and coal, the latter being worked at Newton of Balcormie and Cassingray. The parish church is in Carnbee while there is a Free Church in Arncroach. With the exception of a few tradesmen, the inhabitants are chiefly employed in rural labours or at the collieries. Edited from Westwood's Directory for the counties of Fife and Kinross published 1862. Tour Carnbee Parish Fife, Scotland, on an Ancestry Tour of Scotland. Best Scottish Tours, Best Scottish Food, Best Scottish Hotels, Small Group Tours of Scotland.