Sunday, 26 August 2007
Dalgety Parish Fife Scotland
Dalgety parish is bounded by Dunfermline, Beath, Aberdour and Inverkeithing. It is triangular in shape, being about 5 miles from north to south and 3 miles along the shores of the Forth. Coal abounds in the parish and there is an extensive colliery at Fordel, employing nearly half the Population. The present parish church was built in 1830, and there is also a chapel of ease at Mossgreen. Most of the coal is shipped at St David’s, a small harbour in the parish, and is conveyed hither from the pits by means of a small railway. The villages in the parish are St David’s, Fordel, part of Crossgates and part of Hillend. Edited from Westwood's Directory for the counties of Fife & Kinross published 1862. Tour Dalgety Parish Fife, Scotland, on an Ancestry Tour of Scotland. Best Scottish Tours, Best Scottish Food, Best Scottish Hotels, Small Group Tours of Scotland.