Sunday, 26 August 2007
Culross Parish Fife Scotland
Culross parish contains the royal burgh of that name, and the villages of Blairburn and Low Valleyfield. It is bounded by Tulliallan, Clackmannan, Saline and Torryburn. Coalmines were once extensive but they can now no longer yield a profitable return. The parish is traversed by the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway, and has a small station on it at East Grange. There is a small pier for the accommodation of fishing boats. There is a parish church and a Free Church; an endowed school and 2 private schools. In the town of Culross, most of the houses are shabby and all its streets are in disrepair. It formerly carried on a great trade in coal and salt which is now annihilated." Edited from Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland published 1856. Tour Culross Parish Fife, Scotland, on an Ancestry Tour of Scotland. Best Scottish Tours, Best Scottish Food, Best Scottish Hotels, Small Group Tours of Scotland.