Sunday, 26 August 2007
Creich Parish Fife Scotland
Creich parish, Fife, is about 3 miles in length and 2 in breadth. Its surface is nearly level, and the soil sandy & thin; but agriculture is making rapid improvements. On a little eminence near the church are the vestiges of a Roman camp, and at a short distance therefrom are the remains of a castle, which formerly belonged to Cardinal Beaton. This parish was the birthplace of the Rev John Sage, the first of the post-revolution bishops in the Scottish episcopal communion, and the author of that very remarkable production the Fundamental Charter of Presbytery." From Slater's Directory published 1852. Tour Creich Parish Fife, Scotland, on an Ancestry Tour of Scotland. Best Scottish Tours, Best Scottish Food, Best Scottish Hotels, Small Group Tours of Scotland.